How to Start and Build a Successful Children’s Choir Program
Article by Ashley Danyew – Check out her website at www.ashleydanyew.com
Directing a children’s choir can be a fun, meaningful, and deeply rewarding experience for all involved.
But, there’s a lot that goes into starting a children’s choir program from scratch. There are decisions about when and where to rehearse, what ages to include, how often to sing in worship, how much money to set aside in the budget for new music, how to sequence learning activities in a meaningful way, and how to keep everyone engaged during rehearsals.
If you’re considering starting a children’s choir at your church in the near future, this article is for you!
What to do to get started
- How to choose a theme to guide your planning and music selections
- Creative and thoughtful ways for children to participate in worship throughout the year
- How to choose music that is relevant, developmentally appropriate, and meaningful
- Helpful strategies for promoting your choir program
- How to plan weekly rehearsals
- Ways to celebrate at the end of the year
Read the full article: Building a Successful Children’s Choir Program